The Office of the Coroner can accommodate interns interested in Investigations (assisting the Investigation staff with auxiliary duties related to the investigation of unexpected, unnatural, and/or unexplained deaths that fall under the jurisdiction of the Office) or Pathology (assisting the Pathology staff with duties associated with the forensic autopsy procedure and maintaining the morgue).
- Must be Junior or Senior status currently enrolled in a human science field (biology, nursing, medical/surgical assisting, emergency medicine, or anatomy and physiology) or other related field (forensic anthropology, mortuary science, forensic science, or criminal justice) in a nationally and/or regionally accredited undergraduate degree program.
- Preference given to students needing internships for college credit.
- Paid internships available.
- Must pass a criminal background check and have a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be self motivated, behave professionally, demonstrate good judgment, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Contact us at email@example.com for current internship opportunities.