What do I do if I cannot afford to pay for final arrangements (burial/cremation) for my loved one

Category: FAQ

If your loved one was a veteran, you may contact Veteran’s Affairs toll free at 1-800-827-1000 for funeral assistance that may be available to you. Also, the website for Veterans Affairs has many resources available that may help to cover the cost of final disposition arrangements for veterans and/or their immediate family members. The website address is www.va.gov.

If you cannot afford burial/cremation arrangements you may also qualify for monetary assistance through county programs.

Contact Social Services for the county in which your loved one resided:

  • Adams County: 303-287-8831
  • Arapahoe County: 303-636-1170
  • Boulder County: 303-441-1000
  • Broomfield County: 720-887-2243
  • Denver County 720-944-2175
  • Douglas County: 303-688-4825
  • Jefferson County: 303-271-4006
  • Larimer County: 970-498-6300
  • Weld County: 970-352-1551

There are also alternative final arrangements available (involving little or no cost) that your loved one may qualify for, such as medical research/donation.

Time constraints exist on these programs, so please contact the Office of the Coroner as soon as possible if you are interested or for more information.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. More Information